Thursday, August 09, 2007

Explanation of absence...

Wondering where I've been - been around half the globe & back...
My last announcement was that we were leaving for Belfast because the amazing husband had landed a job there & my dream of extending my sabbatical till my Oju reached school age was finally becoming reality.
No such luck. We did go to Northern Ireland but the husband's job didn’t work out that well - luckily, it was almost time for me to join work again as my extended leave period was nearly over. I requested an assignment in the UK as we discovered that the weather & the clean air suited my kids better than the climate in India. Well, one of our biggest clients (hush hush - a BIG Scottish Bank - must say no more :D ) wanted some work done which yours truly is rather good at so there...
So, we chanced upon this Byuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful city of Edinburgh.
Of course, we all had to travel back to India for a month & a half so that I could get my work permit & others could get their visas in order.
And Wonder of Wonders - our permanent residence visa for Australia got approved in the meantime & we have to move there before Jan mid next year. I want to move in November this year so as to de-risk the whole thing. Fits in nicely with my project too.
But we are so fascinated by this city that as my dear huzband says - We will go away but we will leave our hearts behind - I agree (I mean where else will you find a city whose streets resemble a fairy tale set & the lanes have names like 'Candlemaker's Row' & little sailboats sailing from the rivers out into the sea ... my rant about the beauty of this place will take up another post)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chitra said...

Leaving hearts behind? Sigh.... tell me all.....

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home