Sunday, February 18, 2007

A move in the right direction...
My friend, who was also my manager till I started my sabbatical( no, I am not an academician - I am a software professional - but more about me later...), is joining Vikram Akula.
I must say, it makes me really proud of him. It is a strange feeling living in India. While one lives comfortably in one's upper middle class cocoon, one cannot escape the sight of poverty & sheer neglect all around. While random acts of kindness like donating clothes, money etc may make one feel good, but they can never be enough. What we need is organized effort like what Akula is doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ok. you need a more detailed "About Me" page, lady. I somehow missed the fact that you live in India (or forgot it, or something).

this explains the British Colonial/Postcolonial reading list ;-)

and may I say i LOVELOVELOVE the knitted turban.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home