Monday, December 04, 2006

Stuff that Hindi movies are made of
Juju seems to have overcome his gag reflex to some extent, you know, where he used to vomit out any oral medicine you gave him or if he so much as caught a whiff of any unpleasant smell. So much so that I had to resort to injectables & suppositories every time he needed medication :( Now he is actually swallowing his deworming medicine and his iron supplement. Phew!
And with this came a rare confession from the husband. After years of hinting directly and inderictly that Juju has got his "temprament" from me, the huz actually admitted that he also was prone to puke in stressful circumsatnces. He actually puked when MIL left him for a day in his uncle's house when he was little.
This reminds me of a movie where Jitender fathers a son and there is a court case somewhere later when Jitender & family try to prove that the kid is'nt his (this was pre-DNA test times folks). For the life of me, I cant remember the name of the movie. But then Jitender has this habit of rubbing his nose in a peculiar way with the index finger. He sees the kid do that in court & announces "Bas judge sahab, ye case band kar dijiye. Ye mera hi beta hai " ("Stop Judge sahib, please close the case. This is my son"). For non-Indian readers, let me tell you that movies starring Jitender are totally hammed up and were the staple entertainment of the growing up years of my generation. Having said that, I must confess that I could not sit thru a Jitender movie with a staright face today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home