Friday, February 16, 2007

Wish I could de-jinx the current situation...
Much is said by internet mums on the subject of jinxing one's good fortune by speaking (blogging) about it. Though I am extremely un-superstitious, I now wish I could work this in reverse. It's the kids. Since about mid-August last year, one or the other has been really sick & I dont mean colds or coughs & the like. First, young Oju had bacterial tummy infection, then Juju fractured his foot, then Oju had chest congections for a whole month & a half & lost a lot of weight & even had dark circles under his eyes. That sorted out, Juju had pneumonia that lasted a month & he had fevers > 101 nearly the whole of december. As soon as he finished fighting that, he was down with bacterial tummy infection & I remember the toilet paper getting smudged with bright red blood when I wiped his bottom. Then this month, Juju has again had tonsilitis accompanied with fever which I & Oju picked up. Oju's current chest X-ray shows a little chest infection which we are treating with anti-biotics.
Phew! there!!! A sordid tale if there ever was one. I want to be strong for the kids. I want to pooh-pooh their anxieties. I want to tell them "Bah - it's just a little fever. I used to get them all the time when I was a kid. You'll be fine." I do it as often as I can. But can you blame me if my heart beats at about 300 beats per minute - literally flutters like a bird - eveytime Juju is even a little irritable? Do you blame me if I surreptitiously place my hand on the kids' foreheads or check their tummies many times every day to see if they are running a temperaure? Also, I am guilty as charged for smothering them with woolies.
I do hope things start to look up soon or I am sure to have, as my friend says, a NBD (nervous breakdown)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

dear god, i think i would have a NBD too! you poor woman! (and poor kiddies too). hopefully this means that in their adult years they will be impervious to *everything* (this is what i tell myself as a new form of sick is brought home from daycare each day).
make sure you take care of *you* mummy!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, and fyi--me mothergoose, and motherhood uncensored love your blog roll. LOVE it (hehehe!)

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home