Sunday, December 10, 2006

Life-long Bonds
My husband was offered a job in Ireland. Which was a very good reason to renew contact with my long lost classmate from college who is settled there. As is turns out, the offer may not be as great as it sounded initially & the huz might not even take it up. But, the feeling of talking to a really great friend, the baby of the batch, who has now, no doubt turned into an exceptional woman, was incredible.
Even if the whole thing comes to nothing, it still served to bring us back in touch & I hope we stay that way.
This is the same heady, happy feeling I had when I got in touch with my roommate, now settled in Goa, after about 8 years. Within 10 minutes on the phone, we were just like giggly roommates again, exchanging life's most intimate notes. The years that went between our last meeting seemd to vanish - we just picked up right from where we left.
So many times, I have relied on the support of my classmates and I have never been let down by these amazing women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home